Pressure washer hoses typically fall into two categories: wire-braided high-pressure hoses and non-marking pressure hoses. Wire-braided high-pressure hoses are constructed with inner wire braiding which gives them a high tensile strength and makes them non-corrosive. Non-marking pressure hoses, on the other hand, are designed to be used on any surface without leaving a mark. Which hose is right for you will depend on your application, needs, and pressure washer.
Some things to remember when choosing your pressure washer hose and accessories are the following:
- Quick disconnect couplings – these allow quick and easy break down and setup
- Pressure washer tips – these allow you to control the spray width and pressure of the solution
- Spray wand – make sure to have the correct length of the spray wand according to your height to avoid any undo injuries
- Spray gun – enables you to control the flow and it has a locking device to prevent accidental spray injuries
What should be considered when buying a pressure washer hose?
A buyer must keep in mind the following points while buying a pressure water hose:
- Length: The length of the hose should be apt according to the job it is to be used for.
- Diameter: The diameters of pressure washer hose are 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” being the small sized, mid-sized and the large sized respectively. The small ones can handle least pressure whereas the large ones can handle the maximum pressure and are preferred for professional use.
- Material: The material used to manufacture high pressure hoses is PVC, rubber or polyutherane.
- Connections: Connectors are metallic components which connect the hose to the pump and the spray. At both the ends connectors are present. Different types of connectors are used in different types of hoses.